Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Missing Daddy


LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG story short...
Turns out the moving company that we contracted with got their California License Revoked 2 days before contracting with us. (So when I checked them out weeks ago, all was well!) Anyway, I finally got in contact with them a week after they picked up our stuff, only to get in contact with a representative who tried to engorge the estimated "guaranteed" price by another $1000.oo. Our arguments fell on deaf ears and we were given the only option to come and get our stuff. Oh yeah, by the way, it had been put in a shady storage facility somewhere in South Central LA, not shipped to Mississippi, as promised. After making this suggestion, the Rep. sarcastically said, "Oh, but you are in Mississippi already, aren't you?" (Hmmmmm.... can you smell a scam cooking here?) Well, with no other choice, and practically being dared to do so, Johnny headed back to California on Friday morning to face the beast head-on. En-route, I checked the BBB and the CPUC websites and that is when I learned of the "Cease and Desist Operations" order that they had been issued for operating with a Revoked license. Aaargh! We were working with criminals, a truth that became even more apparent as this adventure wears on! So, Johnny arrives to a friend's house in Ventura on Saturday night, spends Sunday securing a moving vehicle, and meets with the owner of the company on Monday morning at the crack of dawn. He has spared me a lot of details. All I know is that he did not see our stuff until almost 6:00pm, after paying a large "ransom." It was only after Johnny threatened to call the cops on this crook, that he was even given the option to pay through the nose to take our own stuff. So I got a call at around 7:00 that he was driving a truck-full back to his friend's house, going to get a "good" night's sleep, and he will be heading back Eastward in the morning! So, his girls miss him a lot and his quote says it all... "I have grown-up here for 32 years, and yet I feel so far from home!" (Johnny from Los Angeles to Mandy in Mississippi)


EVERYONE BEWARE OF ANYTHING ANYWHERE MOVING AND STORAGE also operating as MOVEAST

I have already filed complaints with the BBB and the FMCSA

3 comments:

chrissoup said...

Oh Mandy, I'm so sorry! Good luck. Moving is enough of a hassle without having to deal with crooks.
Chris P (your mom's almost-cousin)

Mick and Caitlin said...

That is RIDICULOUS! I am so sorry that that happened. I hope that Johnny has a safe trip back to his girls!

Christi and Abbey said...

Dreadful, I have heard of this kind of thing before, but I am so sorry it happened to you!