Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Playing Dress Up


OK, so I thought we were a long way away from needing dress-up clothes and those shiny shoes that I have seen at Costco. My neices are pros at walking in those crazy plastic bedazzled heels, but they are older than Mailee.


HOWEVER...


Plastic necklaces have been a part of our life for a few months now, but Mailee's favorite thing to do lately is to go into my closet and pull out shoes to slip her foot into and cruise around the room. Now anyone who knows me and my fashion habits knows that many of my shoes can be hazardous to your health due to their platform-ness (is that a word???) So I have tried to steer her toward the tennis shoes (running shoes should be used for something, right??? I certainly have not used them in a while...) But Mini Miss does not seem to like running shoes any more than I do. She has, however, figured out how to get my thong sandals on (sort-of) Notice the one that she has managed to get up her leg ! :)
The silly look on her face shows you how proud of herself she is as she exclaims, "SHOO SHOOZ!"

2 comments:

Teacher Mary said...

This is way too hysterical. Somehow God imbues little girls with the love of high heels and sparkly things. Just look at Abbey darling! She had on a pair of silver sparkly strappy Skecher type shoes--oh my gosh! She now thinks my diamond engagement ring is nice too! We miss both you & Mailee! Lots of Love and Prayers!

Anonymous said...

I have said it since Evelyn was that age... the propensity toward shoes, purses, diamonds... it is genetic!

Rebecca