Sunday, March 22, 2009

Camp Shelby Tank Show







A couple of weeks ago, we headed to the military base at Camp Shelby with our Mom's Group for a tank "dog and pony" show.
One of my friend's husbands was the driver and Ben went all out! He drove by us at full-speed (about 60 mph, they said), then he turned and zoomed back, but in front of where we were standing, he slammed on the brakes and stopped on a dime. At that point he turned the guns on us and showed the maneuvering capabilities of a tank before firing a blank. Mailee freaked out!!! I have to say that I was quite uneasy too, although I thought it was so cool!
When the kids got the opportunity to climb on the tank, the closest I could get little lady was on the golf cart that the guys ride to get supplies from areas around the base. But I did get some cool shots of some friends on and in the tank!


If you ask her, she still says, "Tank Scary!"

No comments: