Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sorry for the delay...

Ok, so how to put the past month into a "bloggable" length. Hmmmm.... Cliff's Notes!

In December, we were given a 30-day notice that our house was being foreclosed (author's note: we were renters - Thank Goodness!) So we had to be out.
Shortly after the new year, mid January, Mailee and I shipped ourselves to Grandma and Grandpa Barlow's house to stay for an unknown length of time while we looked for an appropriate place to rent in Santa Clarita. During this time, Johnny was staying in Thousand Oaks still to watch over our stuff (still in the house) and to be in closer proximity to work.
Toward the end of January, I found a GREAT place in Placerita Canyon and we moved in on February 1st! I love our home and I love even more that our family is back together!!!
In the midst of this all, Johnny has been working like a mad-man, more than making up for the "time off" (no one wants to get work done or paint their homes during the holiday season) AND I got a promotion at work. I am now the Lead Teacher of Title 1, a job that comes with a little more money (not enough to buy a pony, but something is something) and some more responsibility. Basically a resume-builder!
So, although I was taking pictures during the past month, life was so topsy-turvy that I didn't ever get to post them. Sorry!

So now I play catch-up!

3 comments:

Mick and Caitlin said...

Yea! You're back on the blog! I've been meaning to give you a hard time about the delay, but now all is forgiven. I'm so glad that you're getting settled in.

Anonymous said...

Courtney and I have missed you, Now that you are farther away we will have to depend on the blog more. ;-( Please let us know when you are in town. We would love to see you. BTW, it is Girl Scout cookie time!!!
Miss you!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you all are still alive. I was sad to see no blogging but I was not sure exactly what had happened. I knew there was a problem about housing. Glad to hear that you are finally all together and all settled in! Placerita Canyon is a nice place. How did Mailee adjust to all the change? Hopefully, like a little trooper. I will miss not seeing you both each Sunday! Glad to hear that you got a promotion and that work is picking up for Johnny! Lots of Love and Prayers!